Every year, over 170 million days are lost to employee absence, estimated to cost the economy around £100bn, potentially affecting the productivity and profitability of your business. This is where Occupational Health (OH) comes into the picture, a multi-disciplinary field of medicine that deals with the prevention and treatment of job-related illness and injuries – helping to protect the health, safety, welfare and wellbeing of your workforce.
Occupational Health aims to maintain the occupational health & wellbeing of your staff, prevent or treat ill-health, and develop a tailored solution to ensure those team members with health issues can remain at work. The results prove time and again that OH provides the most effective means to manage long term employee absence, making a significant contribution to workplace health and the overall success of your organisation.
The role of OH professionals
Occupational Health professionals include doctors, nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists and psychologists, whose role is to:
· Following referral, carry out Pre-Placement Assessments on fitness to work
· Fast track treatment for acute problems or provide a self-management plan for chronic conditions
· Develop bespoke health and well-being strategies to suit the individual needs of an organisation
· Provide Occupational Psychology and Counselling
· Introduce Presenteeism Management to help reduce absence due to sickness
· Advise on compliance with the Equality Act 2010
UKIM – Independent Occupational Health provider
As a commercial provider of Occupational Health support services, we can react speedily and effectively to meet the needs of your employees - providing exactly the level of service or support they require and helping to ensure they are able to work.
We have a diverse customer base that spans the public and private sectors and are fully committed to helping organisations improve the occupational health and employee wellbeing of their workforce.
Our team of over 1700 staff includes Occupational Health Nurses, Physicians, Account Managers and Clinical Administrators, and we deliver an extensive range of services across the UK, including physiotherapy, counselling, rehabilitation and medical records processing.
To find out more about our Occupational Health and Employee Wellbeing range of services and how our absence management strategies could benefit your business, please contact us for a no-obligation review.
Either call us on 0191 512 8220 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Want more Occupational Health insights to help your business? You may also like to read...
- NHS waitlist set to reach over 8 million by mid 2024 - can Occupational Health Services help?
- UKIM Awarded Place on ESPO Framework for Occupational Health and Employee Assistance Programme Services.
- Enhancing Employee Retention and Recruitment: The Role of Occupational Health Services.
- Respiratory Health in the Workplace: The Importance of Occupational Health Services
- What are the legal requirements and regulations related to Occupational Health and Safety?
- How do Occupational Health services support employer duty of care?
- How Investing in Occupational Health Services can lead to greater ROI
- Occupational Health Referrals for Employees and how to make them.