The legal sector is a significant part of the UK economy and recently, between 2021 and 2023, it employed over 350,000 people according to statistics. The revenue generated per year by the legal industry is also huge, recently hitting its highest record in over a decade with £43.7 billion in the year 2022/2023.
Why does this sector need protecting?
It’s important that the legal industry continues to be healthy and grow as it has created a lot of jobs for people around the UK, meaning more legal work and justice as well as a flourishing economy. Good occupational health can ensure this is maintained and improved as it keeps the workforce fit and healthy so that they attend work and excel in their roles. It also means less absences at work, which is increasingly important as the number of working days lost to sickness in the UK has hit an all-time high, with 149.3 million. This can affect economic growth, as well as the quality and standard of work.
These statistics alone highlight just how crucial the legal sector is in the UK. In order to keep it thriving like this, it’s imperative that the wellbeing of those legal professionals is taken seriously and as a priority.
A healthy workforce means a healthy business...
It improves efficiency, raises the quality of work and creates positive branding and perception. Using a commercial occupational health provider has numerous benefits and is proven to improve employment and retention.
UKIM Occupational Health & Wellbeing can raise the bar for legal excellence by focusing on enhancing the mental wellbeing of staff, tackling the decline in mental health, and giving the industry the positive support it needs to continue its prosperity.
How Our Occupational Health Support Can Help:
- Immediate Support: Support that goes beyond geographical boundaries ensuring that legal professionals receive the help they need.
- Proactive Wellbeing Checks: Tailored wellbeing initiatives designed to meet the unique needs of a legal professional’s role and beyond.
- Clinical Escalation: Instant assistance and intervention prioritising mental health and safety in times of critical need.
- Psychological Expertise: From stress management to resilience building, as well as personalised guidance for optimal mental wellbeing.
- Mental Wellbeing & Anxiety: Strategies to manage anxiety, alleviate stress and foster a positive mindset conducive to sustained professional excellence.
- Presenteeism Management: Addressing challenges before they escalate, promoting a positive and resilient work environment.
- Reducing Stigma: By fostering a culture of open dialogue, offering confidential counselling services and promoting mental health awareness.
- Social Media Guidance: To manage online presence effectively, mitigate negativity and build a positive digital footprint.
Learn more about the Mental Wellbeing services we can offer.
You can find out more details by clicking here ››
Alternatively, for more information on how we can support you, please call 0191 512 8220, e-mail email@example.com, or complete the form on this page - our specialist team will be in touch to help with your query.
Are you an employee?
If you have any health conditions or concerns that you are worried may impact your performance at work, we would encourage you to discuss them with your employer in a transparent and open manner. They may be able to provide support or a referral to our Occupational Health services (like Physiotherapy or Counselling) to help you manage your health at work.